How to Check the status of your Aadhaar card
After you are done with developing your own unique Aadhaar identification pin, all you need to do is track the pace of your Aadhaar card. Checking the status of your Aadhaar is not that complicated. Here, we explain you all that you need to know in order to execute the same.
For checking the status of your Aadhaar, you will need to visit Indian government’s UIDAI online portal. You can visit this Aadhaar portal through your mobile phone as well as through e-mail. In the case of a mobile phone, you would receive a text message which would forward this process. Both the methods mentioned above are not complicated at all and are extremely simple to use.
image source: UIDAI India
Checking the Status of Aadhaar card Online
Aadhaar status can be checked online by following the steps mentioned below:
- Open and browse the official website of the UIDAI. Here, you will find all the details which are necessary for checking your Aadhaar card status.
- Hover towards the right bottom and select the ‘Aadhaar Services’ option on the screen.After selecting this option, you will find the following link: ‘Enrolment/Download E-Aadhaar/Update’.
- Once you click on this link you will be straightaway directed to the Aadhaar Kiosk. This kiosk displays numerous options which would solve your purpose of Aadhaar enrollment, Aadhar updation and current status check.
- After you have been navigated on this page, you must choose the third left option displayed, ‘Check Aadhaar Status’.
- After you have selected this option from the drop down menu, you will be directed to a page where you can directly check the status of your Aadhaar.
- For checking your final Aadhaar status, you need to provide the following details:
- Enrolment ID
- Date and Time
- Security Code
- After entering the above details, you will need to select the ‘Check Status’ button displayed at the bottom of the screen.
Forgot yourAadhar enrollment number? Here’s what you do.
You will find your 14 digit enrollment number and 14 digit date and the time on your application form. These numbers are also called as your Enrolment ID (EID).
How to Check Aadhaar Card Status on the Phone
In order to check your Aadhaar Status through smartphone, you need to send the following text message “UID STATUS <14 digit enrolment number>” to 51969. After sending this text, you will receive the direct information regarding the status of your Aadhar
In case your Aadhaar Card has already been issued beforehand, then you will receive a text message which will display your Aadhaar Card number. In case your Aadhaar Card has not yet been generated yet then a text message will be sent to your phone. This message will provide you with the present status of your Aadhaar card.
Checking Aadhar status through Post
You can easily check the delivery status of your Aadhaar card on the official website of India Post. The Aadhar Delivery Status can be checked by visiting the official website of India Post. For this, you will be needing to enter the Aadhar Enrolment Number, time and date of enrolment on the website. The delivery status for the Aadhar Card will be displayed on the screen after entering these details on the website.